- 4.13.11 - 10:00AM
- - by
- Jason Oberholtzer
Top Ten Song Charts (By the 'I Love Charts' Master)
In my capacity as curator of I Love Charts, I see an overwhelming amount of charts.
Some are finely crafted by designers and sent along the major media channels; some are scrawled on napkins and submitted by fans. Some provide incredible insight; some are sophomoric, one-note gags. The charts I see range across all topics, from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Yet, for whatever reason, the most frequently submitted kind of chart, from amateurs or professionals, is the song chart. Here are my ten favorite song charts I Love Charts has posted in our first year and a half of existence.
10. The Clash, "Should I Stay or Should I Go"
9. The Cure, "Friday I'm in Love"
8. Lady Gaga, "Bad Romance"
7. Flo Rida, "Low"
6. Huey Lewis and the News, "Hip to Be Square"
5. The Proclaimers, "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)"
4. The Ramones vs. The Misfits ("Skulls")
3. Journey, Talking Heads, Led Zeppelin and others
2. The Beatles, "All You Need Is Love"
1. Rebecca Black, "Friday" vs. The Beatles, "A Day in the Life"
Jason Oberholtzer also writes the Charts and Leisure column for Forbes.com.
Most Popular Articles
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found