- 4.13.11 - 10:00AM
- - by
- Jason Oberholtzer
Top Ten Song Charts (By the 'I Love Charts' Master)
In my capacity as curator of I Love Charts, I see an overwhelming amount of charts.
Some are finely crafted by designers and sent along the major media channels; some are scrawled on napkins and submitted by fans. Some provide incredible insight; some are sophomoric, one-note gags. The charts I see range across all topics, from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Yet, for whatever reason, the most frequently submitted kind of chart, from amateurs or professionals, is the song chart. Here are my ten favorite song charts I Love Charts has posted in our first year and a half of existence.
10. The Clash, "Should I Stay or Should I Go"
9. The Cure, "Friday I'm in Love"
8. Lady Gaga, "Bad Romance"
7. Flo Rida, "Low"
6. Huey Lewis and the News, "Hip to Be Square"
5. The Proclaimers, "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)"
4. The Ramones vs. The Misfits ("Skulls")
3. Journey, Talking Heads, Led Zeppelin and others
2. The Beatles, "All You Need Is Love"
1. Rebecca Black, "Friday" vs. The Beatles, "A Day in the Life"
Jason Oberholtzer also writes the Charts and Leisure column for Forbes.com.
HuffPost AOL Social News Most Popular
The Bride Wanted A Serious Wedding Photo And This Is What She Got
Success! Group Makes Contact with 36-Year-Old NASA Spacecraft
- Bey And Jay Z Divorce Rumors Are Getting Crazier By The Day
An Exclusive First Look At This Year's Burning Man Art
Two New Mysterious Holes Discovered By Herders
- Wall Street Analysts Predict The Slow Demise Of Walmart And Target
Flight Attendant Warns Travelers To Flush Their Drugs Before Landing
- Top Ebola Doctor Who Contracted Disease Dies
- Murdered Teen's Text: 'OMG.. I Think I'm Being Kidnapped'
Here's What 'Yellow Fever' Really Means
- Russell Brand To Fox News Anchor: 'You're Wrong About Gaza And You Look Like A Ken Doll'
- Homeless Man Tearfully Watches As Police Destroy His Shelter
- Mom Leaves Kids In Car To Perform Oral Sex On Boyfriend: Cops
20 New And Improved Names For Boring, Everyday Stuff
- You Should Probably Stop Using A Loofah In The Shower. Sorry.
Lea Grover: This Is What Sex-Positive Parenting Really Looks Like
- 50 Worst! Canadian Songs! Ever!
- A Look Back At The Trial That Made Rape A War Crime
6 Signs You're A Truly Genuine Person
- Sharon Stone On Surviving Her Near-Death Experience
Baby And Pit Bull Puppy Are The Cutest Best Friends You'll See Today
Meteorologist Shuts Down Viewer Who Complained About Her Appearance
6 Easy Sex Hacks That Don't Involve Flexibility
- WATCH: 'What We Found Could Not Be Explained By Known Physics'
Here's The Icky Reason Dogs Sniff Each Other's Butts
Justin Bieber's Facial Hair Is Creeping Us Out
- It's That Time Of Year Again, Juggalos
- What Happened When My Husband And I Had Sex Every Day For A Month
Emma Gray: The Fundamental Truth About Sex That 'The Bachelorette' Finally Revealed
- What This Priest's Life Is Like 5 Years After Tabloids Exposed His Big Secret
Russell Brand's Devastating Takedown Of Sean Hannity
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found