- 12.10.10 - 5:30PM
- - by
- Urlesque Staff
Urly Show #62 - Flavorpill and Holiday Gifts for Cultural Icons
This week, Eliot, Kelly and Cole were graced with the presence of Leah Taylor and Russ Marshalek, Editor and Social Media manager of Flavorpill, respectively (and they brought us cheap wine, so we're BFF's now).
Skyping in from just outside of Buffalo, NY was Joe, himself a blogger and internet lover at The Daily Debris.
Leah and Russ filled us in on what it's like to promote events across New York and beyond, as well as the alleged cultural relevance of Ke$ha, all before discussing the extensive list of 100 Gifts for 100 Cultural Icons curated by the editors at Flavorwire, Flavorpill's excellent daily blog.
WARNING: Things get a little NSFW when Justin Bieber comes into the conversation, weirdly enough.
Watch, download and subscribe to this week's episode below.
Links for what we talked about this week:From our tl;dr quiz:
- Katy Perry appeared on The Simpsons because her boobs are officially an American institution
- Check out the supercut of movie characters saying "Blah blah blah"
- Norweigan TV show Gylne Tider hoodwinked Alfonso Ribiero, Huey Lewis, and half of Milli Vanilli (among other shining stars, Delta Burke not included) into lip syncing "Let It Be"
- Hear eighteen Billy Joel songs all played at once, and then kill yourself?
- Ellen Sirot is not only a hand model, but she's bananas, too!
- Flavorpill: subscribe and get the lowdown on the coolest stuff happening in your major city every week
- Flavorwire: Flavorpill's daily blog, which is excellent, and whose editors, Caroline and Judy, devised an extensive and brilliant list of 100 Gifts for 100 Cultural Icons, dead and alive
- tl;dr contestant Joe's blog The Daily Debris
- VOTE FOR THE 2010 URLIES!!!
We love your feedback! E-mail us at email@example.com, Tweet us at @Urlesque or shout out on our Facebook page.
Subscribe to the Urly Show:
See Past Episodes of the Urly Show
hot on the web
Add your comments
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found