- 12.03.10 - 2:00PM
- - by
- Urlesque Staff
Urly Show #61 - Scott Beale of Laughing Squid
This week, Eliot, Kelly, and Nick were joined by internet legend Scott Beale of Laughing Squid.
Skyping in from Knoxville was Steve, a band teacher, which means he's, like, our very own Glee cast member!
To put it lightly, Scott Beale is one of the most influental bloggers out there, right alongside Jason Kottke and the Boing Boing crew -- the ultimate tastemakers on the intenret. Readers trust Scott's taste, and after our interview with the Man, Myth and Legend, it's easy to see why.
Watch, download and subscribe to this week's episode below.
Links for what we talked about this week:From our tl;dr quiz:
- Reasoning With Vampires grammatically corrects and provides constructive criticism to the Twilight books
- Hot new feud: Conan Vs. Taiwanese CGI news team Next Media Animation
- Look! A horse in a Corolla!
- Mashup Breakdown visually illustrates every sample on the new album from Girl Talk
- Every Secret Word ever uttered on Pee-Wee's Playhouse
- Laughing Squid -- know it, learn it, love it (if you haven't already, which is unlikely)
- Funny cat video alert: Cats playing Patty-Cake
- tl;dr contestant Steve keeps both a blog and Twitter feed for the percussion program at William Blount High School, where he teaches
- Steve's favorite local band (and a mainstay on Nick's iPod), "aristocrunk" pioneers Lord T & Eloise
We love your feedback! E-mail us at email@example.com, Tweet us at @Urlesque or shout out on our Facebook page.
Download This Episode: [Video] [Audio]
Subscribe to the Urly Show:
See Past Episodes of the Urly Show
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found