- 11.24.10 - 1:00PM
- - by
- Jay Hathaway
Hallelujah Chorus Flash Mob Makes Mall Food Court Actually Bearable (The One)
Nobody likes hitting the mall during the holidays, but I wish I had been sitting in the food court for this flash mob, where 100 nondescript mall patrons (and one janitor) turned out to be a choir. They emerged from the crowd, starting with one woman and one man, and burst into the Hallelujah Chorus, astonishing fellow mall-goers.
I love flash mobs, but I'm content to watch most of them online. YouTube usually provides more camera angles and a more complete picture of these orchestrated stunts -- because the cameraman knows what's about to happen. With the Hallelujah Chorus flashmob, though, I wish I had been there, chomping on a limp slice of Sbarro and hating my life until the moment I realized something magical was going on.
But hey, the video's not bad, either.
We get it -- you're busy. Only have time for one web bit a day? Here's The One thing we think you cannot miss today. Subscribe to "The One" RSS Feed.
HuffPost AOL Social News Most Popular
Renée Zellweger Looks UNRECOGNISABLE
- Redbox Instant's streaming video service shuts down on October 7th
- New 'Autopsy' Reveals Big Surprises About Boy King
- Gym Teacher Charged With 30 Counts Of Statutory Rape
- 5 Plot Holes You Never Noticed In 'Star Wars'
- Stone Discovered In Jerusalem May Answer A Nearly 2,000 Year-Old Question
17 Adorably Nonsensical Things That Make Zero Sense, And Therefore Are Perfect
- Mindy Kaling Defends Controversial Anal Sex Episode
LOOK: Shonda Rhimes Shuts Down Tweeter Who's Upset With Gay Sex Scenes
- Chickens Really Don't Look Like They Used To
- Dogs Rescued From Junkyard Undergo Beautiful Transformation
Obama Has Perfect Reaction To Woman's Jealous Boyfriend
Dead Infants Found In U-Haul Storage Locker
- These Pups Would Like To Remind You It's 'Adopt A Shelter Dog Month'
Teen Dies After Heart Stops In Haunted House
- These Strange And Beautiful Images Challenge Our Definition Of The Selfie
5 Things You Didn't Know About 'The Office'
- Anna C. Bloomberg: My Friend Dated My Rapist
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison
Now Women Are Getting Arrested For Revenge Porn
- McDonald's Profits Plunge 30 Percent
- Michael Sam Cut From Cowboys' Practice Squad
- 10 Places To Put On Your Budget Bucket List In 2015
- Brooke Hampton: Don't Marry Your Soul Mate
- Legendary Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta Dies At 82
- Doug Ford Gets Punked Hard In Extra-Awkward Photo
- After Controversial Comment About Being Gay, Jillian Michaels Says She Was 'Misunderstood'
- Bill O'Reilly Tells Karl Rove His Prediction Record Stinks
- Sarah Stewart Holland: 'The Decision To Change My Name Almost Ended My Engagement'
- Let Us Explicitly Tell You Why These Costumes Are Wrong. Because Ignorance Is Spooky
That Reminds Us... Must Put The Bins Out Tomorrow
Most Popular Articles
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found