- 11.18.10 - 5:00PM
- - by
- Urlesque Staff
Urly Show #59 - Elaine Carroll of 'Very Mary Kate'
This week, Eliot, Kelly, Cole, and Nick were joined by actress and comedian Elaine Carroll, the brains behind the mammoth web series Very Mary Kate.
Skyping in for the weekly tl;dr quiz wasn't just another usual contestant, but Jonathan Mann, whose real-life job requires that he make a new video every day (over 700!), one of which includes a new musical introduction for the tl;dr quiz!
Elaine Carroll talked to us about Very Mary Kate, which is a fictional, hilarious web series that follows the inner life of Mary Kate Olsen (with occassional cameos by Ashley, naturally). A gifted actress, Elaine spilled the beans on how she came up with the idea in the first place and how she's executed so many fantastic episodes (in between appearing on Mad Men -- YES, THAT WAS HER!)
Watch, download and subscribe to this week's episode below.
Links for what we talked about this week:From our tl;dr quiz:
- One dude got all wrapped up at a sample sale in Seattle, dropping the F bomb live on air in reference to buying "tons of f*cking sequins"
- F*ck Yeah Jumping Rob featured Edward Cullen in his undies
- The Today Show gang made their own viral video(s), with help from the experts
- Awkward product placement on soap operas became a popular hashtag with #soapoperaproductplacement
- One Family Feud contestant shouted out the best answer, and host Steve Harvey reacted accordingly
- Multitalented tl;dr contestant Jonathan Mann is everywhere -- on YouTube, Twitter, Songatron, and his own personal site. Also, make sure to vote for him in the Shake Weight Jingle Contest!
- Check out Elaine's brilliant web series, Very Mary Kate
- Very Mary Kate on Twitter
- Also visit Elaine's personal page and the blog of her cat, Mr. Hammers
We love your feedback! E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Tweet us at @Urlesque or shout out on our Facebook page.
Subscribe to the Urly Show:
See Past Episodes of the Urly Show
hot on the web
Add your comments
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found