- 10.26.10 - 4:20PM
- - by
- Urlesque Staff
Show Us Your Internet Meme Costume - HallowMeme 2010 Is Here!
Ever since we co-opted Halloween as our own special day -- HALLOWMEME -- the season has become one of our favorites of the year. We anticipate dressing up in nerdy, internet-themed costume all year long. Sure it's easy to throw a sheet on your head and be a ghost or dress up as a sexy... anything, so we applaud those who take a more creative approach to their costume.
Need some ideas? Perhaps the awesome Antoine Dodson Halloween costume of the Bed Intruder meme fame would be an easy bet? Or how about a throwback to popular costumes of the past like Keyboard Cat or Balloon Boy (though we're not sure you can beat reader Sarah's amazing Keyboard Cat costume from last year)? Find some inspiration from some of our favorite internet meme costumes from last year or check out the power ranking of this year's most popular meme costumes.
Like last year , we want to see your HallowMeme costumes, but we're taking it up a notch and offering giveaways to all readers for YOUR best internet-themed costumes from this year, voted by Urlesque readers.
Contest has ended. Check here to see all the Hallowmeme coverage!
- Email a photo* of your internet-themed costume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 1st at 11:59 pm ET.
- On Tuesday, November 2, Urlesque will post all relevant and appropriate submissions on Urlesque (at our discretion, no nudity please!) along with a poll for readers to vote which costume is their favorite.
- Reader voting will close on Saturday, November 6 at 11:59 pm ET.
- The winners will be announced on Monday, November 8 on Urlesque and contacted via email to coordinate prizing.
- Prizes (TBD) will be awarded to first, second and third place costumes.
Protip: Add email@example.com to your mobile address book so you can email in your pics right from our party or wherever you are celebrating HallowMeme! We can't wait to see your awesomely webby costumes.
*By submitting a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, you agree that (1) you own rights to the photo, (2) you are in the photo, (3) the photo is internet-themed and/or appropriate AND (4) the photo can be posted on Urlesque.com. Photos will be chosen at the discretion of Urlesque editors for participation in the reader poll.
Most Popular Articles
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found