- 10.08.10 - 9:00AM
- - by
- Jay Hathaway
Cigar Guy Update - Identity Still Unknown, 'Turban' Is Really a Wig!
First, Cigar Guy's apparent turban is actually a red ponytail wig, as you can see in a new photo taken from a different angle. Some have suggested Cigar Guy's wig is meant to honor Spanish golfer Miguel Angel Jimenez, while others believe Cigar Guy is a Photoshop hoax, or even Borat comedian Sacha Baron Cohen. The existence of multiple photos of the man from different angles seems to disprove the hoax hypothesis, but Cigar Guy could still be a prank.
Like all great internet stars, Cigar Guy has also been added to Wikipedia. He's in a subsection of the 2010 Ryder Cup Photo article (for now). Maybe when his true identity is uncovered, the article about the photo will be demoted to a subsection of Cigar Guy.
After the jump, we've got links to the latest on Cigar Guy, from theories about his identity to a guide on dressing like him. Seriously ... it's more Cigar Guy than you ever thought possible.
UPDATE: Cigar Guy has been identified as Rupesh Shingadia!
- Cigar Guy Photoshops continue to roll in (MSNBC)
- How To Dress Like Cigar Guy (The Telegraph)
- Replacing Christine O'Donnell With Cigar Guy (The Washington Post)
- Cigar Guy on Wikipedia
- Sites Offer Rewards for Cigar Guy's Real Name: $1000 from BeFrugal and $100 from Current-Movie-Reviews.com.
- Is Cigar Guy Really a Sacha Baron Cohen Character Named 'Afzal'? (PerezSolomon.com)
- Even Pastors are On the Hunt for Cigar Guy's Real Identity (BeliefNet.com)
(At Urlesque, we're just offering our undying gratitude.)
And, just for laughs, here's Cigar Guy: The Music Video.
And a Cigar Guy Rap. Yeah, I don't know either. (Thanks, commenter thesurfingviolinist!)
Urlesque on Facebook
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found
Celebrities Attempt Accents
Urlesque Video Compilation