- 10.07.10 - 2:00PM
- - by
- Urlesque Staff
Urly Show Episode #53 - Justine Bateman Is the Coolest
You may remember her as the iconic teen cutie Mallory Keaton from Family Ties, but if you're reading Urlesque, there's a better chance you know this week's guest from her massive presence on the internet. Ladies and gentlemen, tl;dr champ and all-around awesome lady JUSTINE BATEMAN.
Skyping in from sunny Los Angeles, Justine joined us to not only play our tl;dr quiz, but to talk all things internet, including the charm of one of her faves, Animals With Casts, a popular Tumblr (and soon-to-be-book) created -- incidentally! -- by our in-studio guest, comedian and blogger extraordinaire, Julia Segal (@juliasegal).
Although the entire interview was a blast, we had some major fun surprising Justine with an incredible PSA video from 1986 featuring Justine herself (although she has no recollection) that Eliot uploaded to YouTube after finding it as a dusty VHS cassette while working at a hole-in-the-wall video store in high school.
Watch, download and subscribe to this week's episode below.
Links for what we talked about this week:
- tl;dr post questions: "Vote Naked" -- Illinois' campaign for absentee ballots, Non-homeless dude raises awareness about homelessness with the help of Kermit, Crocodile in an Iron Man suit of armor, Is Donald Duck in the Tea Party?, Turn your photo into a scene from a Michael Bay movie with The Bayifier
- Justine Bateman on Tumblr
- Justine on Twitter
- Justine's digital production company, Section5
- Wake Up And Get Real, Justine's online talk show with Kelly Cutrone
- Vintage PSA featuring Justine "How Can I Tell If I'm Really In Love?"
- Mallory's Clothes, a photoblog featuring Mallory Keaton's wardrobe
- Triggerstreet, Kevin Spacey's "interactive mechanism [meant] to discover and showcase emerging filmmaking and writing talent"
- Justine's current obsession: Free Crappy Portraits
- Julia Segal's Tumblr
- Julia's "pet project" (pun!) (and soon-to-be-book) Animals With Casts
- I Hate My Parents, Julia's funny photoblog
- Conan O'Brien talks about "moldy cheese popcorn spilling out of [his] arm cast" when he was a kid
We love your feedback! E-mail us at email@example.com, Tweet us at @Urlesque or shout out on our Facebook page.
Subscribe to the Urly Show:
See Past Episodes of the Urly Show
Tl;dr quiz segment theme music courtesy of Sean Murgatroyd. Thanks, Sean!
hot on the web
Add your comments
Most Popular Articles
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found