- 9.02.10 - 5:30PM
- - by
- Urlesque Staff
Urly Show Episode #48 - Cee-Lo Says 'F*ck You'
This week, Kelly, Eliot, and Cole were joined by blogger Noah Garfinkel and editor Dan Hopper from one of our favorite (and often-sourced) blogs, Best Week Ever!
Joining us for tl;dr quiz was Steven, Skyping in from beautiful San Francisco, where he keeps a spotless, beautifully-designed bedroom, likely because he's a recent grad looking for work (hint hint: here's his awesome blog, eager employers).
And in A Word From Our Spammers, we were presented with the question of how Search Engine Optimization can be embodied by a human being. Apparently, it can, according to an unnamed site that bombed us with inexplicably stupid SPAM. DELETED!
For this week's FW:FW:FW: segment, we discussed Cee-Lo Green's NSFW song "F*ck You," for which a simple music video foregoing special effects and naked ladies for simple typography exploded online, to the surprise of the Gnarls Barkley and Goodie Mob singer. Incidentally, the very same day we recorded the podcast, the song's official (and undeniably awesome) video came out, too. What are the implications, we wondered, of a song whose main lyrics is an expletive, and how it lives on the internet in comparison to radio or television. Dipping our toes into the pool known as Music Criticism (sorry, Spinner, maybe some other time), we had to ask ourselves how a song called "F*ck You" will translate offline, and if, in fact, it can be crowned The Song of Summer '10, despite both its late entry and Katy Perry's boobs.
Watch, download and subscribe to this week's episode below.
This week's Urly Show is marked EXPLICIT because we play excerpts of Cee-Lo's obscenity-laden tune. You have been warned!
Links for what we talked about this week:
- tl;dr: Watch Liu Wei play the piano with his feet
- Jerry Stiller, a.k.a. George Castanza's dad on Seinfeld, visited his character's real-life home
- Improv Everywhere hit the beach
- Tinkerbell the rat bathes in the sink
- Iowa State University's bell tower rang with the sounds of Lady Gaga
- Check out our guest Steven's blog, Foto Gogo
- FW: FW: FW: Urlesque talked with Cee-Lo, whose song and video for "F*ck You" (the first version featured simple typography, the second version instead a cute throwback) spread like wildfire on the internet
- Cee-Lo would probably attest to Noah Garfinkel and Dan Hopper's f*cking funny writing at the Best Week Ever blog
- We love your feedback!!! E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Tweet us at @Urlesque, shout out on our Facebook page, or leave us a telephone message at 31-URLYSHOW!
Subscribe to the Urly Show:
See Past Episodes of the Urly Show
Tl;dr quiz segment theme music courtesy of Sean Murgatroyd. Thanks, Sean!
If you have tips or ideas for future shows, send them to us at email@example.com!
Most Popular Articles
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found