- 8.11.10 - 1:00PM
- - by
- Emmy Blotnick
The Hoax of 'Jenny' the White Board-Wielding HOPA (The One)
It started with a post on The Chive yesterday: A brave assistant named Jenny decided to quit her job through a slideshow of dry erase board messages that exposed her boss's male chauvinism and Farmville addiction. The Chive item said the 33-photo essay came from one of Jenny's coworkers after she emailed it to the whole office.
"On Friday I transferred you a call. I was about to hang up when I heard you call me a 'Hopa,'" she wrote across three slides before explaining HOPA as an acronym (misspelled for convenience) for "Hot Piece of Ass."
Her outrage made quite a splash -- after all, everyone loves a good "I quit!" story.
The internet exploded with applause: She was called a genius, epic, dubbed a hero on Jezebel and had her own Facebook group by the end of the day: 1,000,000 Strong for Jenny DryErase to Pose in Playboy (638 members). Someone even made an Obama-esque tribute to her HOPA-tude:
The Chive followed it up with a formulaic breakdown of how to make a meme: All you need is a cute girl, name checks like TechCrunch and Farmville...
Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. Check out our sister site Lemondrop's interview with Elyse Porterfield.
- link:// The Chive: Girl quits her job on dry erase board, emails entire office (33 Photos)
- link:// TechCrunch: It's Official: The Best Bosses Read TechCrunch!
- link:// TechCrunch: Confirmed: HOPA Dry Erase Girl Is a Fake, Identity Revealed
- link:// Jezebel: Woman Quits Her Job, Becomes a Hero
- link:// BuzzFeed: How to Make a Web Meme: The Quitter Dry Erase Girl (FAKE!)
- link:// Elyse Porterfield's Twitter
- link:// Lemondrop interviews Elyse
Most Popular Articles
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found