- 7.23.10 - 12:00PM
- - by
- Emmy Blotnick
Theater Audiences Groan and Laugh at M. Night Shyamalan's Name
Here's something I never thought I'd say: I almost feel bad for M. Night Shyamalan. Almost.
Entire audiences are collectively groaning and laughing at his name in the trailer for his next movie Devil and, from the sound of it, it's happening in theaters everywhere. Granted it's a little Emperor's New Clothes-y to include a title card that reads "From the mind of M. Night Shyamalan" but still, ouch. It's sad that his career has plummeted to a point where his name is a punch line even before your wacky uncle has a chance to call him "Shyama-lama-ding-dong" again.
But just like that, I'm all out of sympathy. Let's face it, Devil looks like some grade-D '90s-era nonsense and you'd have to be out of your mind to brag about M. Night's creative involvement in anything these days, be it a summer blockbuster or a community theater puppet show. After the break, we've got all the hilarious evidence you'll ever need that American audiences have had their share of this guy and his mind.
In case the video didn't make it clear enough, maybe a couple graphs will do the trick:
- link:// Break: Audience Groans at M. Night Shyamalan's Name
- link:// Gawker: Audience Laughs at Seeing M. Night Shyamalan's Name in Movie Trailer
- link:// Slashfilm: LOL: Graph Predicts M. Night Shyamalan Will Be Responsible for the First Ever Negative Tomatometer Reading
- related:// Videogum: The Videogum Movie Club: Inception
- previously:// 'One Photo Reviews' Inspires Urlbols to Make Their Own - Submit Yours!
More from our friends around the web...
Most Popular Articles
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found