- 1.27.10 - 8:30AM
- - by
- Lindsey Weber
If the Pope Social Networked -- Benedict XVI Has Invited You to Farmville
According to The Washington Post (and other reputable news sources, we swear!) the Vatican's very own Pope Benedict XVI recently released a statement that has gotten us bloggers all a-flutter. Basically, he wants his flock to blog. Seriously, if you count the Pope's word as literally coming down from the heavens above -- God wants us to blog. Whether or not I listen to the Pope or not, I'll take that as a GO.
That got us thinking, what if the Pope were to truly embrace the online world and all the web 2.0 tools we use every single day...
- If the Pope had only 140 characters to bless you, how would he do it? This is a question I often ponder and while I wish I could credit for this one, @THE_REAL_POPE definitely exists. Basically it's @THE_REAL_SHAQ -- but supremely blessed.
- Would the Pope "like" your Facebook status? Would he leave you a comment? Let's imagine a world where the Pope is an active Facebook-er...
- TMI, Benny?
- YOU BET he'd be on Tumblr -- all over Tumblr's radar and reblogged by the hundreds. POPE WIN!
- The Pope's no n00b, he wants to connect with ALL of his followers -- even if that means stalking them on the location-based friend-finder game Foursquare! See those special "Pope Badges"? You can collect them all!
- OH HAI THE POPE CAN HAS A LOL!
hot on the web
Add your comments
Urlesque on Facebook
Most Popular Articles
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found
Celebrities Attempt Accents
Urlesque Video Compilation