- 8.28.09 - 11:00AM
- - by
- Alex Moaba
10 Awesome Contextual Ad FAILs
Contextual advertising is the technology first utilized by Google AdSense to "magically" match up the ads that appear on a computer with the terms that are searched. It's based on complicated algorithms that have changed the game of online advertising and made a lot of people good money. But sometimes the sophisticated matching technology goes awry, putting ads next to articles in ways that are just a little off. When this happens, the savvy denizens of the internet are usually there to capture the hilarity with a screengrab. How do we know this an ongoing issue? Well, there's a full blog devoted to these fails, Bad Contextual Ads. Maybe our robotic overlords aren't so smart after all.
- Article: Coffee May Kill You -- Matching Ad: Drink Folgers Coffee!
- Article: Couple gets prison time for grilling baby -- Ad: Grill like an expert with Kingsford Briquets!
- Video: Awful police brutality -- Ad: Apply to become a police officer!
- Search: Meth Crime in Vegas -- Ad: Find Las Vegas Meth at Local.com!
- Article: Surveylance Cameras in School Bathroom Causes Outrage -- Ad: Buy this awesome Sony camera!
- Article: Violence and rioting in Greece -- Ad: Tourists, come to Greece!
via:// Chakravyu via:// FAIL Blog
- Picture: Dude shoots gun at bears -- Ad: Bear humane society
- Video: Iran Twitters Amid Election Chaos -- Ad: Meet Iranian Girls!
via:// ANIMAL New York via:// Bad Contextual Ads
- Article: Former team Dr. Accuses Armstrong of Doping -- Ad: Lance is Not Tired!
via:// AdRants via:// Bad Contextual Ads
- Video: Natalie Portman Makes Comedy Video on Funny or Die -- Ad: Need a good gyno?
via:// Bad Contextual Ads
hot on the web
Add your comments
Most Popular Articles
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found