- 5.26.09 - 3:00PM
- - by
- Lindsey Weber
Things That Sound Like and Look Like Chewbacca
Aside from car alarms, babies crying and of course, the sound of an Apple computer starting up (kidding), the most familiar sound to movie buffs and nerds alike has to be the cry of the furry wookiee from Star Wars better known as Chewbacca. I would even go so far to call Chewie an Internet celebrity due to the amount of Wookiee tributes floating around on the web.
The video that inspired it all: Is there actually a Chewbacca in this guy's nightstand? You be the judge.
This kitty's desperation to get outside turns him into a giant CHEWBACCA MONSTER.
Can someone identify the "Chewie note"?
When your "hoover" (aka vacuum) sounds like a Chewbacca, you definitely put it on YouTube.
Chewie is channeled through a steering wheel?
And for those of us without the right vocals for a Chewie cry? We can still have fun attempting to recreate the look and feel of the famous Wookiee with homemade Chewbacca costumes!
- I think you're confusing Star Wars with Lord of the Rings, which is an understandable mistake...because you look more like Gandalf the Grey, than a Wookiee.
- Whether or not Chewie actually wore glasses (this is a highly debated subject), this Wookiee-wannabe still looks a little off.
- Here is a collection of debatable Chewies we'd like to contribute -- MORE BABY CHEWIES! And by highly debatable, I mean highly adorable. (via, via & via)
Chewbacca on Twitter
- From Flickr user stibbons, we've got the Lego Chewie...
- ...And from Flickr user Shelly Panzarella, we've got the ALL-LEGO CHEWBACCA that lives in FAO Schwartz, NYC.
- This one might be for Navin, but you can actually but your own at Sugarlicious!
- From Geek Crafts, another delicious-looking Chewie treat:
hot on the web
Add your comments
Most Popular Articles
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found