- 3.26.09 - 12:30PM
- - by
- Lindsey Weber
The Weirdest Inventions You Never Knew You Needed
Being an inventor today must be really difficult. In the olden days, you could think of something pretty reasonable and bring it to life (i.e. "I could really go for some crispy bread"...Ah! A toaster!). Now, coming up with new contraptions for everyday living is somewhat more difficult.
That's why one of my favorite things to do on the internet is browse the fantastic blogs whose sole purpose is to collect and share the newest inventions you might not need and definitely can't afford... I mean, I definitely needed the alarm clock that makes you play hide-n-seek when you awake in the morning, but a USB toaster? Not so much.
Slightly Warped has collected its list of the "inventions you never knew you didn't need" and here are the best of the best:
- The Daddle: You read correctly -- this is the Daddle: a saddle...for dads! Kneepads not included.
- The Transparent Toaster: This one is actually just a "concept" (unlike the Daddle) and merely a twinkle in a toast-lovers eye... for now.
- Butter Stick (price unknown): the glue stick you can eat. Elmer has other uses!
- Rat Race Clock ($30): step off PETA, it's not real.
- Talking Lips (price unknown) - Not surprisingly, this device comes from our neighbors to the west (Japan). It hooks up to your cellphone and computer, moving its lips when others are speaking to you. Great for freelancers who work from home!
- link:// More awesome inventions & concepts at Slightly Warped
- lead image via:// MiiiSH (cc)
- related:// The Best/Worst of SkyMall
hot on the web
Add your comments
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found