- 11.04.08 - 5:00PM
- - by
- Kelly Reeves
The 6 Craziest Alternate Soundtracks to the Shrimp on a Treadmill Video
The lovable Shrimp on a Treadmill (soundtracked by the Benny Hill Show theme song) had a comeback within the past few days, much to the delight of internutters everywhere -- and also further proving a valid point that often floats around Urlesque HQ that funny music makes any video more awesome.
Considering the way that YouTubers tick, I knew there was no way that they'd stop with just the Benny Hill theme for a soundtrack to the shrimp's sprint. So, after a few hours of digging in the trenches (and finding some great material for another day), I present the 6 Craziest Alternate Soundtracks to Shrimp on a Treadmill video.
- Chamillionaire's Ridin' Dirty -- I'm utterly speechless. Please explain to me how dis "shrimp be ridin dirty".
- Daft Punk's Robot Rock -- After the webprevalance of Daft Hands, the duo's music is back to make this shrimp move. Daft Shrimp is the new Daft Hands. A+ for the trippy editing.
- Justin Timberlake's SexyBack -- Admittedly, I've never thought of a shrimp as "sexy" -- but again, the editing on this one kills. Though if only the video had continued 'til the chorus...
- Curtis Mayfield's Move On Up -- Speaking of random! If you look closely, you can almost see that shrimpy groove to the beat.
- Europe's The Final Countdown -- Gosh, this one really makes me feel the urgency. RUN SHRIMP, RUN!
- Just when I thought the Shrimp on a Treadmill video couldn't get any more epic, I came across this video. When a video starts out with the Chariots of Fire theme and morphs into an all out Rocky tribute (complete with its theme and scene overlays from the movie), you know you have a winner. I've never been so proud of the little guy!
Most Popular Articles
Most Commented Articles
- No Articles Found